Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kelley Mascher

Default Electrical problems at home related to RPC -- UPDATE

The allen wrench doen't always stay in the screw or fall on the floor.
It can and often does weld itself inside the box, possibly along with
the pliers. It only has to happen to you once before your willing to
spend 5 minutes and 25 cents worth of tape to insulate the allen
wrench.

Even if you aren't electrocuted when you weld a wrench in a box you
will usually end up blind for 10 or 15 minutes.

Cheers,

Kelley

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:50:52 GMT, Ignoramus26433
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 08:21:07 -0500, Pete Keillor wrote:
I am quite happy and thankful to all for your suggestions.

Like I said earlier, I held the L shaped allen wrench with linesman
pliers with insulated handles, to avoid being electrocuted.

Well, you're not dead and it worked, but if there's a next time,
consider what might have happened if the pliers had slipped on the
allen wrench. I think the various ideas of taping the wrench or using
a plastic T handled wrench, all with dry leather gloves, were less
risky.

Nothing major would happen, the allen wrench would either stay in the
setscrew, or it would fall to the floor.