Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
JR North

Default American Chopper episode got even more reckless

No surprise. Between them, the Tuttles don't have enough brain power to
light an LED.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

wallster wrote:
I was watching Discovery channel's "American Chopper" last night. In the
past, I've read threads about the disregard of welding helmets while tack
welding, eye protection while grinding, etc. Last night they out did there
lack of safety by filling a balloon with acetylene, setting it on the
ground, pouring gas to it and lighting it. No disclaimer regarding safety
either. Hopefully some yougster won't think that was cool and try it at
home. The fact that filling a balloon with acetylene is really dangerous
(static electricity and kaboom... off with those fingers, hand, face...)
then lighting gasolene (indoors too!) WOW!, makes jackass look like brain
surgery.
I posted a warning on the the shows forum board.
Did anyone else see this show?

walt

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"