Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default Slo-Syn stepping motor wiring diagram

In article , says...
In article , Marvin W. Klotz says...

I have an old Slo-Syn Model HS25 stepper motor made by The Superior Electric
Company in Bristol, CT.

Specs are 45 oz-in, 5.4V at 1.5A. It has six wires colored:

Red
Black
Green
White
Red-white
Green-white

Does anyone know where I might find a wiring diagram for this motor?

If it's like the newer ones we use (which are still obsolete btw)
one winding is GN and GN/W, the other is RED and RED/WH.

My diagram shows GN as "A" and GN/WH as "A-NOT", R/WH as "B"
and RED as "B-NOT" as far as the controller is concerned.

I've got a Slo-syn catalog from 1985 here that agrees with Jim's
description. The BLK wire is the center tap for the RED and RED/WH pair.

The catalog indicates that the HS25 was superceded by M062-FC03, which
has similar ratings to those on your motor.

Ned Simmons