Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Marvin W. Klotz

Default Slo-Syn stepping motor wiring diagram

I have an old Slo-Syn Model HS25 stepper motor made by The Superior Electric
Company in Bristol, CT.

Specs are 45 oz-in, 5.4V at 1.5A. It has six wires colored:

Red
Black
Green
White
Red-white
Green-white

Does anyone know where I might find a wiring diagram for this motor?

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Marvin W. Klotz says...

I have an old Slo-Syn Model HS25 stepper motor made by The Superior Electric
Company in Bristol, CT.

Specs are 45 oz-in, 5.4V at 1.5A. It has six wires colored:

Red
Black
Green
White
Red-white
Green-white

Does anyone know where I might find a wiring diagram for this motor?

If it's like the newer ones we use (which are still obsolete btw)
one winding is GN and GN/W, the other is RED and RED/WH.

My diagram shows GN as "A" and GN/WH as "A-NOT", R/WH as "B"
and RED as "B-NOT" as far as the controller is concerned.

Black and White are both centertaps on the windings, and because
we are running the windings in series, they are not connected to
anything.

Unles you are using a 3180 drive by slo-syn then I can't help
with the other end of the cable.

But by all means ring the windings out with a simpson meter to
double check that the above makes sense before you power it.

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch

Marvin W. Klotz writes:

Does anyone know where I might find a wiring diagram for this motor?

If you know the basic design you should be able to figure it out with
continuity.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick

Marvin W. Klotz wrote:

I have an old Slo-Syn Model HS25 stepper motor made by The Superior Electric
Company in Bristol, CT.

Specs are 45 oz-in, 5.4V at 1.5A. It has six wires colored:

Red
Black
Green
White
Red-white
Green-white

Does anyone know where I might find a wiring diagram for this motor?

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

I think those are two centertaped windings. The tracer colored
leads are the C.T. s . Check with an ohmeter.
...lew...