pyotr filipivich

Default Making coins the hard way was Two headed nickel

And lo, it came about, that on Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:27:14 -0400 in
rec.crafts.metalworking , "Jon" was inspired to utter:

here I was hoping to read an article about coining.

We made some coining dies in house for comemmorative events.

The dies weremade from mild steel, then case hardened, and bead blasted

we used brass coin blanks

coined in a 60 ton hydraulic shop press

I've done it the "old fashioned" way: heat the blanks, then place on pile,
and one guy holds the top die, and when centered and ready he nods his head and
the guy with the 5 pound sledge hits it. The die, not the helper's head. :-)

Loads of fun.

--
pyotr filipivich
The cliche is that history rarely repeats herself. Usually she just