Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Arno Wagner

Default Strange Screws

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Chris Lewis wrote:
According to mm :
On 16 Jan 2006 18:15:57 GMT, Arno Wagner wrote:

Definitely correct. For anti-tamper there is Torx with a pin
in the middle that needs a Torx driver with a hole. Standard
Torx is just very well suited for automated mounting and also

I hadn't thought about that, but I had noticed that it stays on the
tip without magnetism, even when the tip is horizontal.

Square drive (eg: Canadian "Robertson") are almost as good. I drove several
hundred 3" deck screws through flooring yesterday - once put on the driver,
they stayed put on the driver and could be started and driven without touching
the screw.

No cam-out either.

I still think they should make the manufacture and sale of slotted and
phillips screws a capital offence.

Careful! Outlawing stupidity, while highly desirable, would lead to
chaos.

Arno