Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Sanding LDD treated wood

wrote in message
oups.com...
Well I have tried LDD treatment for wood and I am finding that my
sandpaper clogs up immediatly. I think it was Lief that mentioned that
the paper could be tapped on a hard surface and it would clean itself.
I have not found that to be the case. Need help on sanding some spalted
punky birch that has been treated with LDD. By the way that is
Dishwashing Detergent not Automatic Dishwasher Detergent I hope.

Soft brass brush will do the clean. Stiff nylon toothbrush in a pinch.
You don't have to rush to sand while the surface is full of glycerol, you
know. It'll evaporate in a couple of days.

On wet stock - no LDD, just wet - I generally just run a sand at 120 or 150
after spinning out as much moisture as possible, reserving the 220 and 320
for when it's dry (er). They clog too badly, else. Just be careful not to
overheat when it's getting dry.

Yep, high-suds/humectant-added hand washing stuff is what he preaches.
Madge is gone, but we still have Leif.