Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Berger

Default Should I fire this guy because he bought his degree from theinternet?

Did he lie on his resume? If he listed the degree and where he
got it from -- and did not represent it as from an accredited
institution -- then I would consider it a mistake in judgement
rather than an outright lie.

Whoever checked his credentials should have caught it, but since
the degree wasn't a requirement for the job and he didn't lie,
I don't see why it should go against him now.

wrote:

What he did was pretty crooked. I think I might decide to fire him over
this. If you were his employer what would you do?