Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
wallster

Default American Chopper episode got even more reckless

"RDF" wrote in message
I liked how Mr. Genius made the pipe canon version... Now that was cool.
I bet the majority of us really learned how to make acetylene bag bombs
back in High school (c-mon, admit it, it was fun!). I was surprised to see
Mr. Steroid Sr. touch it off and laugh for once. That was well worth it (We
did not think it was possible) Too bad you have to be an ex-druggie/junkie
to get noticed for TV on this episode however (Sorry, no sympathy for bad
life choices). Great episode- Bad candidate for the bike however. (Just my
$.02 cent opinion) I bet we see sometime, in the very near future some
dumb-ass blow off his hand trying this who should not even be allowed near
a torch. Then with our luck Uncle (or Aunt) Sam will declare torches as
"WMD's" or "Assault tools" Get your tanks now before they raise the Darwin
tax on refills. You would think Discovery's Risk Mgt. would have opted to
leave that on the cutting room floor. Just look at what Beavis and Butthead
got in hot water with the FCC Circa late 80's (Fire, Fire, Fire) Anything
for a buck or ratings I guess. Now some stupid kid is gonna get hurt
because he saw a very unsafe act being done by a celebrity. I think they
should really have not put that in just because of the fact some kid is
gonna play with dad's torches now. Last I heard, fingers don't grow back
right?

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.

Rob, I agree with you on the bad life choices comments. The next winner sold
his bike to pay his ailing Mothers bills, that sounds like a GOOD choice. As
far as the pipe cannon part, "add some oxygen... just a little" was the
killer line there, that big gorilla probably lost some hearing on that one.

walt
ps. you build drag racing engines so i thought you might be interested in a
website i designed for a pal of mine. He races stock cars but racing is
racing!
http://www.julicher-racing.com
(it's a flash site with sounds)