Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
RDF

Default American Chopper episode got even more reckless

I liked how Mr. Genius made the pipe canon version... Now that was cool. I
bet the majority of us really learned how to make acetylene bag bombs back
in High school (c-mon, admit it, it was fun!). I was surprised to see Mr.
Steroid Sr. touch it off and laugh for once. That was well worth it (We did
not think it was possible) Too bad you have to be an ex-druggie/junkie to
get noticed for TV on this episode however (Sorry, no sympathy for bad life
choices). Great episode- Bad candidate for the bike however. (Just my $.02
cent opinion) I bet we see sometime, in the very near future some dumb-ass
blow off his hand trying this who should not even be allowed near a torch.
Then with our luck Uncle (or Aunt) Sam will declare torches as "WMD's" or
"Assault tools" Get your tanks now before they raise the Darwin tax on
refills. You would think Discovery's Risk Mgt. would have opted to leave
that on the cutting room floor. Just look at what Beavis and Butthead got in
hot water with the FCC Circa late 80's (Fire, Fire, Fire) Anything for a
buck or ratings I guess. Now some stupid kid is gonna get hurt because he
saw a very unsafe act being done by a celebrity. I think they should really
have not put that in just because of the fact some kid is gonna play with
dad's torches now. Last I heard, fingers don't grow back right?

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.