Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Gunner

Default American Chopper episode got even more reckless

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:20:49 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

When I was a student one of the others on the course filled his lunch
bag with OA mix and lit it. Bang, the lecturer and others went in to see
the kid standng there dazed but unhurt. The lecturer didn't bother to
tell him off for being that stupid, he reckoned he learned a lesson and
wouldn't do it again.

wallster wrote:

I was watching Discovery channel's "American Chopper" last night. In the
past, I've read threads about the disregard of welding helmets while tack
welding, eye protection while grinding, etc. Last night they out did there
lack of safety by filling a balloon with acetylene, setting it on the
ground, pouring gas to it and lighting it. No disclaimer regarding safety
either. Hopefully some yougster won't think that was cool and try it at
home. The fact that filling a balloon with acetylene is really dangerous
(static electricity and kaboom... off with those fingers, hand, face...)
then lighting gasolene (indoors too!) WOW!, makes jackass look like brain
surgery.
I posted a warning on the the shows forum board.
Did anyone else see this show?

walt

I recall "Other People" filling the cracks between the bricks in the
high school welding tables with acetylene. The tables of other other
people who were late for class.

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits"
John Griffin