Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Frustrated in High Point

If the motor can be rewired for 220, that info will be on the motor
somewhere. If you can't find it, don't do it. :-)

But I'm on board with Tom. Sure seems like that saw should be able to
rip right through a couple inches of maple. It's the blade or the
breaker. (Without watching the cut, I also wonder if maybe you got no
splitter on that thing and the wood is pinching the blade. But that
should also squeal and make burn marks.)

I had to replace a breaker after it blew out once, then just kept
breaking every time I turned on the saw. The new one don't blow when
the saw turns on.

Then again, never let it be said I stopped somebody from gittin a new
toy. I'd want the bandsaw before I got a new TS, but maybe you really
want a new TS. Therefore, gopher it.