Posted to rec.woodworking
Leif Thorvaldson

Default Glue on wood during glue-up!!!

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:46:31 -0800, David wrote:

Leif Thorvaldson wrote:

On 16 Jan 2006 18:54:36 -0800, wrote:

I'm beginning glue-up of some bookshelves prior to finishing. I am
concerned that I will get wood glue on portions of the wood that should
show, and that they will therefore not take stain.

What precautions can I take against having this happen? What can I do
when it does happen? Obviously, I'll be ready with a rag to wipe off
any glue that does drip onto my surfaces, what else can be done? If I
don't notice a drip right away, is there anything to be done besides
sanding it off? And does that even work, or will the glue have seeped
into the wood too far? (By the way, I'm using red oak here.)

Thanks,

Scott

What's this blue tape you are talking about??

Leif

3M's Painter's Tape

Dave

Thanks!