Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Miller

Default Met my Match - (Double Flare Disaster)

As a matter of fact, with the first car I ever
owned* I didn't need to
worry about burst brake lines.

It was a Ford Model A from the thirties, and had
four wheel mechanical brakes. It was also the
easiest damn car to work on I ever had, you
could do practically everything with just an
adjustable wrench, a screwdriver and sometimes a
BFH.

Jeff

I Had a 29 Chev when I was a kid. The braking
system was mechanical on it as well. It was always
interesting when you hit the brakes. The only
direction it wouldn't head for was straight ahead!

Tom

* Slight mistatement, I actually only owned half
of it, my high school buddy Pete owned the other
half. AFAICR my half was the one which needed
fixin' by me and his half as the one he did
unmentionable things to girls in while "parking"
at Inspiration Point in San Francisco.

Thanks for the mammaries...

--
Jeffry Wisnia