Posted to rec.woodworking
FriscoSoxFan

Default Glue on wood during glue-up!!!

Definitely use the blue tape as mentioned....

However, a couple of weeks ago I tried the new Elmer's stainable wood
glue. According to the package, it uses sawdust or real wood as one of
the ingredients to help absorb stain. I was building a whole bunch of
"pot drawers" to go inside our kitchen base cabinets. Since these would
not be visible and be filled with pots, I wasn't too concerned with
100% perfect finishing, so I skipped the tape and just sponged off
excess with a damp rag during glue-up. The stain finish came out
amazingly better than when I used to use just yellow glue. This was on
red oak ply.