Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default Frustrated in High Point

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
. ..
Got home from work, ate dinner, and off to the work shop. Ahhh!
Serenity...

Started work on my future son's maple dresser (due in Feb). I thought the
legs would be a good place to start, yeah good idea.

Jointed a corner square on the leg stock and started to rip to width,

1.75"
(plus a smidge for the planer). Started the rip and I blew the dam

breaker.
Try a slower feed rate! Yeah, brilliant idea! Loaded up the next leg
stock in front of the saw and cranked her on and started my s-l-o-w feed,
and pop, blew the breaker again! Ahh crap. Serenity out the window.

I need a beefier saw dam it!!! My bandsaw might have to wait!

Or a new blade? Oh - forget that idea. Don't know what the hell I was
thinking. Yes - you need a new saw! And maybe a new router too. Can't
have either without a couple new chisels. Probably should get an new ROS
while you're at it. If it were me, I'd be using this as the excuse to get
that new welder too.

--

-Mike-