Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Joseph Gwinn

Default Repair my Emglo AM78-HV4V air compressor

In article ,
Ignoramus7637 wrote:

I am surprised about the cost of caps that you were quoted. They
actually should cost a lot less. I have a few start caps that I bought
new for like $3 apiece, each about 180 uF. I can sell you a couple for
the same price, I have too many. If you arer local to Chicagoland, I
can loan you some.

Can you remove belt (if it is a belted compressor) and see if the
motor starts by itself without a load?

Another test is to put a pull rope in the pulley (with no compressor),
turn the AC power on, and try to start it like a gasoline engine. Or a
RPC without pony motor or caps.

Joe Gwinn