Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brian

Default How to make Oland tools ?

Hi all,

I decided to make one and followed Darrel's directions on his site. It was
fairly quick and was easy. I love it. I was working on a fir burl that had
wild grain, bark, voids, termite tunnels, and was rock hard. I had worked
it off and on for two years and quit every time it chose to go for a walk
around the shop. The oland tool was the first one that really worked on it
and didn't try to knock it loose. I have also used it to rough out
Christmas ornaments before hollowing. I did drill the round hole and used a
set screw. It was quick, easy and holds the bit securely.

Thanks Darrel

Brian