Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max

Default Help - Getting Cat **** Stain Out of Hardwood Floor

On 16 Jan 2006 11:36:30 -0800, wrote:

Several years ago I had a similar problem. Fixed it by doing two
things:
1) Sanded the surface of the affected wood flooring to remove the
finish (I think it was Varathane in my case), poured bleach (undiluted)
onto the affected flooring and left it in a puddle for a few hours so
that it would soak into the hardwood flooring. I repeated this step
about 5 times over the course of a week or so and it made a significant
improvement.
2) Then I called in a company that specializes in cleaning up homes
after a fire and they sprayed (using an outdoor garden type sprayer) a
green solution that smelled like mint. They sprayed the subfloor (from
the open basement) and they sprayed the flooring where the cat went.
This spraying was done two or three times over a week for about 2
months and that did it.
Hope this helps - it sure stinks!

Wouldn't it have been faster and easier to just replace the floor?