Richard J Kinch

Default Ebay Craziness

Jon Anderson writes:

Ebay doesn't allow advertising for sales outside of the auction and I
was about to report this guy last night when I read it's being done in
conjunction with ebay. I rather suspect it's an attempt by ebay to tap
directly into the industrial auction market, ala Dovebid.

There is no evidence this is actually in "conjunction with" eBay, just
claims to that effect. The domain names and their owners linked are
different places and different people than eBay. Either this "conjunction
with" is a phony claim, or eBay is putting up a really clumsy and self-
defeating effort that is going to dilute their brand.