Roy

Default Ebay Craziness

Look at the bid page, you also have to pay a buyers premium on top of
your bid price.......just like most realtime auctions do.
--
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
Ian Stirling

Roy wrote:
Look at the bid page, you also have to pay a buyers premium on top of
your bid price.......just like most realtime auctions do.

What are you talking about?
There is no buyers premium on ebay.
There are fees to the seller, but to the buyer, the price you pay is the
price the auction ended at (plus postage/packing/extortion)

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
'Where subtlety fails, we must simply make do with cream pies' -- David Brin
Jon Anderson

Ian Stirling wrote:

What are you talking about?
There is no buyers premium on ebay.
There are fees to the seller, but to the buyer, the price you pay is the
price the auction ended at (plus postage/packing/extortion)

What are YOU talking about? Might be helpful to your case if you'd go
look for yourself. This is something new. It's NOT a normal ebay auction
and you cannot bid in the normal ebay fashion.
Ebay doesn't allow advertising for sales outside of the auction and I
was about to report this guy last night when I read it's being done in
conjunction with ebay. I rather suspect it's an attempt by ebay to tap
directly into the industrial auction market, ala Dovebid.

Jon
Lane

"Ian Stirling"
The message I responded to had no References: header, meaning that it'll

show
up as a new thread in many/most newsreaders.
I hadn't seen the other thread, and the article mentioned no auction
numbers, and diddn't quote any of the original message, so I had no way
to know that it was intended as a comment on that thread.

Yup!

Jon Anderson

Ian Stirling wrote:

The message I responded to had no References: header, meaning that it'll show
up as a new thread in many/most newsreaders.

Well then, I owe you an apology. Sorry about that.

Jon

Jack Erbes

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 07:13:02 -0700, Jon Anderson
wrote:

What are YOU talking about? Might be helpful to your case if you'd go
look for yourself. This is something new. It's NOT a normal ebay auction
and you cannot bid in the normal ebay fashion.
Ebay doesn't allow advertising for sales outside of the auction and I
was about to report this guy last night when I read it's being done in
conjunction with ebay. I rather suspect it's an attempt by ebay to tap
directly into the industrial auction market, ala Dovebid.

What you got here is rampant greed trying to find another opening to
make more money. The 13 percent buyer's premium is going to either by
taken by eBay or split with the "real" auction. Both of the auctions
are in a win-win situation if much online bidding takes place. I
personally hop the concept falls on it ass and is never seen again.
It is stupid!

Richard J Kinch

Jon Anderson writes:

Ebay doesn't allow advertising for sales outside of the auction and I
was about to report this guy last night when I read it's being done in
conjunction with ebay. I rather suspect it's an attempt by ebay to tap
directly into the industrial auction market, ala Dovebid.

There is no evidence this is actually in "conjunction with" eBay, just
claims to that effect. The domain names and their owners linked are
different places and different people than eBay. Either this "conjunction
with" is a phony claim, or eBay is putting up a really clumsy and self-
defeating effort that is going to dilute their brand.