Posted to rec.woodworking
Avraham

Default Help - Getting Cat **** Stain Out of Hardwood Floor

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:21:43 -0800, charlie b
wrote:

My neighbor who had the fire last year is getting to
the floors of the house. The oldest daughter's cat
it turns out has been ****ing on the floor under
her bed for the last four or five years.

It's now time for the floors. Mere sanding is not
going to remove the stain. That I fear is going
to require a chemical treatment - some method
of bleaching the stain out. Since it's wood -
oak specifically - and there are very knowledgeable
folks in this group - HELP!

I'm guessing that just plain ordinary household
bleach isn't going to do it. So what should I get
and are there any tips on using it?

Your help will get this family one step closer
to having their home back - after almost 10
months.

charlie b

My wife worked at a vet office and we keep getting the reject cats
that are so cute she couldn't pass them up, but have behavioral
issues, so I've dealt with cat pee more than I like.

Cut the affected boards out and replace them. After that long, the
finish will have been eaten away by the urine and it has soaked
through the flooring (and probably the sub-floor as well), and nothing
you can do will get it all out.