Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnt

Default Electric Sockets in Kitchen

Hi I'm adding a couple of new sockets in the kitchen.

I'm placing them at the same level as the existing ones, they're about
8inches above the worktops. The wiring for the existing ones, that i'm going
to split the ring from are cabled vertically down the wall (like they
should).

In order to wire the new sockets i'm going to have to wire from an existing
socket to my new one, then onto the next one etc etc. The thing i'm not best
sure about is whether to go straight down to the floor then along a little
at the back of the skirting board and then back up to the next socket or to
go straight across horizontally from the existing socket to the new one.
Normally i would not hesitate to run down, under the floor and then back up
but i've got a concrete floor.

I know you can expect sockets within the kitchen to run horizontally but
this would leave cable in a position where you would potentially put
condiment/utensil holders.

Cheers for the advise.