Jack Erbes

Default Ebay Craziness

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 07:13:02 -0700, Jon Anderson
wrote:

What are YOU talking about? Might be helpful to your case if you'd go
look for yourself. This is something new. It's NOT a normal ebay auction
and you cannot bid in the normal ebay fashion.
Ebay doesn't allow advertising for sales outside of the auction and I
was about to report this guy last night when I read it's being done in
conjunction with ebay. I rather suspect it's an attempt by ebay to tap
directly into the industrial auction market, ala Dovebid.

What you got here is rampant greed trying to find another opening to
make more money. The 13 percent buyer's premium is going to either by
taken by eBay or split with the "real" auction. Both of the auctions
are in a win-win situation if much online bidding takes place. I
personally hop the concept falls on it ass and is never seen again.
It is stupid!