Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Wiring question #2,719

"BobK207" wrote in message
oups.com...
Doug-

I was going to try & sort your situation out but the gratuitous slam at
engineers turned me off. If it weren't for engineers your life would
be a lot less comfortable than it is.

People are trying to work essentially blind from the description of the
situation in your post. Wrong advice can be damaging, dangerous.or
deadly esp w/ electricity

good luck with your "really fat wire"

"Am I correct in thinking there are two hot lines in there"?

can't tell from here :

cheers
Bob

Sorry that bothered you, but everyone else seemed to understand the obvious:
If there's a mile of wiring in a typical house, a few feet of it will be
fatter than all the rest, and that's a tipoff that the fat wire serves some
purpose other than lighting, such as range, air conditioning, etc. You knew
what I meant by "really fat".