Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Auctioning off Kizer Sheet Metal

Medical (care is big time) - Nurse... , and Civil Engineering - pipeline roads... surveyor...
Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Justin Time wrote:
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

Mike H. wrote:

For those interested, Kizer Sheet Metal is hitting the auction block in
McMinnville, OR on Thursday - January 26

http://www.murphyauctions.net/kizer.html

I heard a rumor recently that China has been making a lot of sheet metal
ductwork and shipping it to this country in containers, and that this is

the

reason a lot of sheet metal shops on the West Coast are shutting down,
particularly in Southern California. Does anyone know anything

definitively on

this subject? I'm considering routing my teenager to a union

apprenticeship

program, and I don't want to pick one in a dying trade.

Trouble is, there isnt much of any skill trade that is not subject to the
same fate either now or in the future. At least not without some serious
changes coming about.

GWE
Washington State