Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Default Auctioning off Kizer Sheet Metal

I dunno, I think the skilled trades are in danger of losing the easy
work to Slave Labor and big ships but the rerally intricate stuff should
be able to be replaced until you are dealing with people too skilled to
work for $5 per hour

And at that point it becomes better to have certified and insured
companies and tradespeople do it

THe increasing Cost of fuel might be one of the best things to helping
increase the use of Domestic talent since the cost of Fuel can factor in
heavily to the cost of importing

Justin Time wrote:
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

Mike H. wrote:

For those interested, Kizer Sheet Metal is hitting the auction block in
McMinnville, OR on Thursday - January 26

http://www.murphyauctions.net/kizer.html

I heard a rumor recently that China has been making a lot of sheet metal
ductwork and shipping it to this country in containers, and that this is

the

reason a lot of sheet metal shops on the West Coast are shutting down,
particularly in Southern California. Does anyone know anything

definitively on

this subject? I'm considering routing my teenager to a union

apprenticeship

program, and I don't want to pick one in a dying trade.

Trouble is, there isnt much of any skill trade that is not subject to the
same fate either now or in the future. At least not without some serious
changes coming about.

GWE
Washington State