Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default dryer vent length, multiple bends

On 15 Jan 2006 11:51:08 -0800, "Joseph O'Brien"
wrote:

My dryer is currently located on an exterior wall. It vents directly
outside.

As nice as this is, I want to move the dryer to the opposite wall so I
can stack it on top of my washer. After reading about dryer duct
length on this newsgroup and other places, I understand that the
maximum length of the duct is 25', minus 5' for every 90 degree bend,
not counting the last elbow that connects to the exterior wall.

I know you didn't ask, but what do you plan to use the space the dryer
is in for?

If shelves, build shelves over the washer and the dryer, and you won't
have to move anything.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.