Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default Hoo Ha - OT - Lost Treasure Found, And More

"J T" wrote in message
Sun, Jan 15, 2006, 7:26am (EST-1) (Swingman) sagely
states:
snip I was aware that there were "services" that would do this for a
fee, but that fee has always appeared a bit steep for what I wanted to
do ... starting to think it may be actually be a bargain. snip

I'm going that route, getting someone else to do it. For me, it'll
be a one-time shot, getting negatives made from slides, then prints
made. I don't see any reason to sink money into equipment I'd only use
once.

Depends on the cost of the gear. I've found a couple really cheap slide
duplicators/copiers on Ebay, so I stuck a bid in on one. I've got way too
many slides around here to duplicate to even think I'm going to do them all,
not to mention a pee pot full of black and white negs, but I can pick and
choose the best and see what happens, and the gear shouldn't cost me more
than $35 or so, unless bidding stalls at its present point, when cost would
be 10 bucks.

It does help to have studio flash units (though other lights work just as
well with digital cameras), and a DSLR.