keith bowers

Default O.T.-Taking a Clothes Washer Apart

Gerald Miller wrote:

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:16:33 GMT, Loren Coe
wrote:

In article , Gerald Miller
wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:02:36 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

keith bowers wrote:
I replaced my 1960s Frigidair clothes washer some time back and took
the old one apart for parts. I am down to the tub assembly and can't
figure out how to separate the inner spinning basket from the fixed
tub. Ideas?
Gas axe? BFH? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

a torch would be good, imho. the normal methods vary, depending on
the washer. google on rcm, there was a good thread in the past
year or so.

my final solution after all the suggested methods failed, was a puller
and chains. --Loren

The reason I suggested BFH was that, when the service tech couldn't
remove the agitator nut on my frigidaire washer using a socket while
holding the shaft with vise-grips and told me it would cost me
$400.00, I sent him away and split the nut off with a cold chisel. I
completed the repair for less than the cost of the service call
minimum, including the cost of the broken parts and the long cold
chisel.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Good idea g. Now that I have an idea how the thing is put together I think
I'll start out with a wrench and some heat. If that doesn't work the BFH
and cold chisel will be next in line. One thing about it; I can't hurt the
thing G.
--
Keith Bowers - Thomasville, NC