Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default Met my Match - (Double Flare Disaster)

On 14 Jan 2006 17:56:13 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Jeff Wisnia says...

As a matter of fact, with the first car I ever owned* I didn't need to
worry about burst brake lines.

I still own and drive two vehicles like that.

Each one has two-wheel mechanical brakes.

Jim

My old '49 beetle had 4 wheel cable operated brakes - hand brake
applied all 4 through the same set of cables.

My '28 Chevy National had 4 wheel rod operated brakes, external band
on the rear, with a hand operated internal expanding brake on the
rear. To stop real fast you used both to keep the relatively
lightweight drums from distorting.