Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoffrey

Default Number of sink bowls?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:08:39 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
Lobster typed

Plastic washing up bowls scratch the sink

?? more than all the metal washing-up bouncing round in the bottom of
the sink?

David

It's not the plastic itself. If, for example, you wash muddy spuds in a
plastic bowl and then wash out the bowl, soil and grit will line the
sink and get ground into the sink surface when the washing-up bowl is
next filled.

Well, perhaps, but does it matter?

That depends on two things:

A - do you care if your kitchen sink always looks dirty?

and

B - do you enjoy cleaning?

If the answer to A is No and/or the answer to B is Yes then no, it
doesn't matter.

An unscratched sink can be cleaned with just a wipe. A scratched sink
needs cleaning and often bleaching.

I hate housework but I like a clean kitchen, therefore I would never
have a plastic bowl in the sink.

All that quite apart from the fact that it looks really naff...

--
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.