Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Applying Dremel to a stuck kitchen faucet cap

Why don't you just buy another faucet? That's what you'll end up doing
anyway.

"Adam Preble" wrote in message
I had posted before about a faucet cap I have and how to get it off so I
can get to the diverter in my ball-type faucet. There was some
speculation that it wouldn't come off, but my model looks like the cap
is its own part with its own removal. I can't get it off. I tried
liquid wrench along with whacking it with a hammer, along with trying to
lightly chisel in underneath to loosen the grime. Finally, I warmed up
the faucet with hot water for a minute. No go. I think I must remove
it the hard way.

I've heard of some folks cutting them off, but there are problems with
the threading. Has anybody here done this before? I was going to get a
new cap and do this at a time of day when I can get a replacement faucet
still--just in case. I figured lightly going at it with some metal
cutoff wheels on my Dremel should get a cut into it without destroying
the threading. It would be a different story if I press too hard on it.
How strong is chrome/chrome-plated faucet parts against a Dremel?