Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

Default Electrical problems at home related to RPC -- UPDATE

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 03:53:24 GMT, Ignoramus22325
wrote:

snip

Thanks guys. I retightened the screws (without trying to apply too
much force). To my slight surprise and delight, the RPC does not seem
to cause the UPS supplying the TV to turn off anymore. My wife says
that lights darken a lot less now. And that is without any extra
capacitors etc. These turnoffs were a little intermittent, so I am
reluctant to announce complete victory.

I am quite happy and thankful to all for your suggestions.

Like I said earlier, I held the L shaped allen wrench with linesman
pliers with insulated handles, to avoid being electrocuted.

Well, you're not dead and it worked, but if there's a next time,
consider what might have happened if the pliers had slipped on the
allen wrench. I think the various ideas of taping the wrench or using
a plastic T handled wrench, all with dry leather gloves, were less
risky.

Glad you found the cause and didn't get hurt.

Pete Keillor