Gunner

Default OT- Crime at a 30 year low

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:43:07 GMT, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:27:01 GMT, Gunner
pixelated:

But ..Its a dirty job and someone has to do it. And as long as the
public will allow their public servants to misbehave...they get the
cops they deserve.

I guess that goes double for us with our congresscritters, huh?
Sigh...

-- P.J. O'Rourke, All the trouble in the world. The lighter side of famine, pestilence, destruction and death.

I have a bid in to read a copy of that from my local library
one of these days soon. I love ironic humor.

- - -
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming for YOU!

You really need to read his Parliment of Whores also.

Gunner

"The people who believe that, as a result of industrial development, life is about to become a hell,
or may be one already, are guilty, at least, of sloppy pronouncements.
On page 8 of Earth in the Balance, Al Gore claims that his study of the arms race gave him
"a deeper appreciation for the most horrifying fact in all our lives:
civilization is now capable of destroying itself."

In the first place, the most horrifying fact in many of our lives is that
our ex-spouse has gotten ahold of our ATM card.
And civilization has always been able to destroy itself. The Greeks of ancient Athens,
who had a civilization remarkable for lack of technological progress
during its period of greatest knowledge and power, managed to destroy themselves just fine."
-- P.J. O'Rourke, All the trouble in the world. The lighter side of famine, pestilence, destruction and death.