Posted to alt.home.repair
JerryL

Default GE Spacemaker Xl 1400 Life

All the GE's were having magnetrons burn up. Mine lasted 3 years but I had a
warranty contract on the house so I got it replaced free. The tech said as
he was leaving "See you in about two years again". If it's not under
warranty, junk it and get another brand if you can.
"Caveat Emptor" wrote in message
oups.com...
How long do one of these typically last? We have one that's nearly 7
years old and has stopped heating. I suspect the magnetron is gone.

Given that it will cost at least $ 100-150+ to repair, should I bother
or replace it? Hate to create more toxic waste...

Thanks