Craig

Default O.T- home gas furnace inspection

mark wrote in message ...
Hello all, sorry for the OT post, but they are made out of sheetmetal
right ;-) And besides you guys know LOTS of usefull stuff like this,
and if were lucky it will naturally diverge into other interesting metal
stuff....

Anyway, I'm about to buy my first house, the inspection deadline is
coming up next week, I'm adept at the rest of everything, Ive just never
messed with a gas furnace before, are there any GOTCHA's that I should
be on the lookout for?

Spend the 150$-300$ or so for a licensed inspector. He should have a
CO monitor and run it throughout the house while he is checking
everything else. He will give you and the owner a complete report
listing everything he finds wrong with the house. It makes a good
negotiating item and it helps protect you from any real
gotchas...Something that looks minor to you can be a huge red flag to
him to check indepth for hidden damage or problems.

Got a friend that is an inspector and he shakes his head at how much
stuff he finds, even in brand new construction.

Craig C.