Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default Number of sink bowls?

In article . com,
writes:
Hello,

I'm planning a new kitchen which, amongst other stuff, will involve
buying a new sink. The trouble is, I'm not sure if it would be best to
go for a larger single bowled sink or for the one and a half bowl
option. Does anyone here have any strong feelings/recommendations
either way?

Definately suggest one and a half bowl option. You can still
pour something nasty down the sink when one bowl is in use.

At the moment I'm washing dishes by hand, which is easier with the 1.5
option but in the new kitchen I'll have a dishwasher, so I should only
occasionally have to wash things by hand and by definition, they'll
probably be large things such as grill pans and oven bits that won't
fit in the dishwasher. That makes me think the single bowl might be
best but I can't help thinking that there are probably other occasions
when having two bowls available would be useful...

If I was to go for a 1.5 model, I'm considering getting this one:

http://www.trade-appliances.co.uk/_6...ke_VIX651.html

I've got an IKEA one which looks pretty much the same, but was
1/3rd of that price. The IKEA ones had a very nice low profile
edge compared with others I saw (can't recall if I looked at
a Franke).

Other suggestion I make is to mount the tap in the worktop
behind the sink, rather than in the sink itself. It makes the
tap much more rigid.

--
Andrew Gabriel