Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave

Default Updating old house to 200 Amp service?

SQLit wrote:
"Dave" wrote:

Anyone done this? What was the approximate procedure and cost? Thanks.

Sure I have do it.

Your really not serious are you, cost and procedure BLIND.

That's what I'm asking.

What is the connected/calculated load?

Minimal household with electric range, dryer, and hot water, but I want
excess capacity for two workshop sub-panels and welder outlets.

How do you know you need a 200 amp service?

Adding two sub-panels makes it likely?

If your adding up the numbers on the breakers, you need to call a licensed
local contractor.

I can do grade-school math.

underground or overhead service conductors?

Overhead.

all in one panel or meter and panel combo? location of the meter and panel
is really important.

Meter is outside. Panel is on basement wall.

Location required by utility or jurisdiction?

I doubt the panel location would have to move.

Permits?

Unknown.