Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Default Silver Solder - which one?

You may find some useful info on the Johnson Matthey site
http://www.jm-metaljoining.com/share...troduction.htm

They make a lot of the silver solder used by model engineers in the UK
such as easyflo 2.

John Hofstad-Parkhill wrote:

I'll take my lumps. I did google. whineI've had a long week /whine

If you're building a model steam engine and it calls for silver
soldering parts together, what exactly is the solder in question?

I dabble in many things, as many of you do, woodworking, machining,
jewelry probably take up most of my interests. So, when in jewelry
they talk about hard/medium/easy solder (I have some, have used some)
is that the same silver solder used for live steam projects?

Sorry.