Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default having trouble finding correct stain

new to diy wrote:
Stuart, I think you may be on to something. Looking at the interior of
my existing windows, I am beginning to think the orangey/warm
appearance may be a result of the yellowish hardwood beneath, as there
is only a light coat on stain on the interior. I guess I need to try
some stains out on some hardwood (instead of the pine I have been
using), where could I get some hardwood the same as what casement
windows come in, any idea what wood this is? Thanks again.

Turning into a major project by the sound of it:-) Hardwood isn't cheap,
and you'll drive yourself mad trying to match colours and timbers at the
same time.
I'd go for the coldest of the paler colours (which looks like the teak
to me) and tosh it on to everything you want to have a similar look. As
I say, there are no browns in this area, only oranges, dark oranges, and
dirty black oranges.