Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Update: The desk dilema / Wall fixiings

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 08:23:07 +0000, Mike Dodd
wrote:

|...and Finally, why do a job like this on the weekend when the missus is
|off partying with her sisters - those frame fixings take some serious
|screwdriving - knackered my wrists - now what'm I supposed to do with
|the rest of the weekend?

Got the answer to knackered wrists.
If it is hard to screwdriver into anything, take the screw out, run a
larger pilot hole into the wood/wall plug/anything. Then put a little
penetrating oil on the screw. Cooking oil works as well. Soap off a 1/2
used bar also works, if you don't mind the screw rusting in *solid*.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net