Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Foot wear

mac davis wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:07:15 -0500, "George" George@least wrote:

Two flatfooted females in my family. Only thing they've found other
than the orthotics is Birkenstocks. Both of them are able to wear and
walk in them for extended periods. I do insist they break the "rules"
of Birkenstocks and shave their legs, though.

Keep a couple of different heel heights available, wear orthotics or
Birkenstocks - I have clogs - and if you're turning a long time, put a
six by six chunk where you can raise one foot on it while turning.
Does wonders for the back as it transfers the load.

Great point, George... I have a lower shelf on both lathes to prop a
foot on... gives me more "back" time before it stops being fun..

Those that don't think this helps might notice that most bars or pubs
have a foot rail.. (and you use it without thinking about it)

By the time I need the rail in a pub, I don't need it.