Posted to alt.home.repair

Default crimp connections for 110v wiring

yes...I believe I stated in my post that "all" electrical connections
will loosen over time. But the simple fact is that a crimped
connection will last longer over stranded wire....they just dont grip
that well on solid wire.

Ive worked with electricity for 25 years....Ive seen them all
fail..wirenuts, crimps, screw terminals......they all loosen over
time...but the fact remains that with solid wire a screw terminal will
hold up longer..and its easier to maintain......

of course this all depends on the competance of the person doing the
work ....... I see wire connections everyday where someone didnt get
the wire into the connector far enough or something "just went wrong"
and the person doing the work either didnt care or didnt know...