Posted to alt.home.repair
hiebs

Default Small white flakes in fridge water (update)

It is unlikely coming from the lines, It also could be what is called
cold water slime. A bacteria that grows in ice machines, I work in the
commercial field and primarly service ice machines. Now home makers
make ice a little different. But you can get scale build up, or slime
from making ice. And water filters that remove scale build up are far
from 100 percent. Soft water is actually good to reduce scale but
contribute to slime build up. Ill take a picture of a reallly nasty
machine and post them to give a idea of what I am talking about. I
suggest you call the manfacture and ask what they suggest you can do
about youre problem. Oh just wondering do you know for a fact youre
fridge does not have a water filter installed from factory? I believe a
while back some body posted about the very same thing you are saying and
they did not know they had a filter and it was putting crud into the
water supply.

--
hiebs
hiebs's Profile: http://www.HomeOutfit.com/member.php?userid=69