Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Barry N. Turner

Default Foot wear

Has anyone tried "Crocs"? Injection molded sandals?

Barry

"Leon" wrote in message
Hey Swingman,

I probably went through 4 or 5 pair of Rockport Pro Walkers beginning in
about 1989. They look a lot like the Rockport World Tour Classic that you
mentioned. In 1996 I switched to the hiking shoe, low top. More
expensive but I could wear the soles out on the Pro Walkers in about 9
months walking on concrete all day and had them factory reconditioned. I
am on my 3rd pair of the Rockport hiking shoes in about 9 years. I am
getting about 3 times the mileage plus they are water proof. Great when
working out doors. Get them muddy and simply hose them off while you are
wearing them. I DO NOT do anything to take care of them except replace the
shoe laces about 3 times before I retire them. I "highly" recommend them
over the walking shoes. More comfortable also IMHO.
They come in a hi-top also.

Look here.

http://shop.rockport.com/product/ind...entPage=family

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message
For about 18 years and standing on concrete I wear Rockport Hiking
shoes.

6', 205 ... and my biggest problems are with a service connected knee
injury, and the fact that I walk at least two miles _every_ day, rain or
shine, knee be damned, before sun up.

I wear Rockport World Tour Classic exclusively, both walking and in the
shop.

Own three pair, two of which I have added inserts on top of the regular
inserts, and one pair, the brown suede version of the WTC, that are more
comfortable without double inserts ... go figure.

IOW, while all Rockport's are not created equal, at least for me, (the
last
batch, and most comfortable, are not made in China, but Vietnam, from
whence
the knee injury coincidentally originates ... there is some justice in
this
world) I still find them the most comfortable, all day shop shoe.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05