Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

Default What machine tool company is the biggest?

Cliff wrote in news:cjfes1hvr4rujp12cv0fa7luv6k9uu4slm@
4ax.com:

The news report I heard in passing was for the last 3 months
including December IIRC.
You are probably much closer to the sources though g.

The early numbers aren't reliable. Often they revise and re-release them as
they chase down those who forgot to report.

The Midwest is down. Other areas are doing better. From what I've seen most
shops are busy but are being careful due to fears of what is going to
happen in automotive.

Some places are working overtime rather than buying machines. I'm willing
to bet if they added up the overtime money, new machines would look cheap.

--

Dan