Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
machineman

Default Silver Solder - which one?

Check out Handy and Harman sebsite. I have a copy of there brazing book
whick while it mainly discussed there products does give one a lot of
info on silver soldering and brazing. You can also download the booklet
but have to register for it.
http://www.handyharmancanada.com/

John Hofstad-Parkhill wrote:
I'll take my lumps. I did google. whineI've had a long week /whine

If you're building a model steam engine and it calls for silver
soldering parts together, what exactly is the solder in question?

I dabble in many things, as many of you do, woodworking, machining,
jewelry probably take up most of my interests. So, when in jewelry they
talk about hard/medium/easy solder (I have some, have used some) is that
the same silver solder used for live steam projects?

Sorry.