Gunner

Default OT- Crime at a 30 year low

On 28 Aug 2003 20:13:08 GMT, (AZOTIC) wrote:

Who needs 'em? Ask any cop. The last few I asked (as I
was being actively discouraged from filing a complaint)
said that a) the perp probably wouldn't be caught; b)
the crime wasn't that important; c) and that the paperwork
involved took them off their beat too long.

In addition the cops are ordered to under report the
value of thefts, I had a burgulary about 2 years ago
and the cops would not send out a officer to take a
report, they took the info over the phone and mailed
us a copy of thier report. They reported the value of the
stolen items as under $300.00 when i told the cop over
the phone the value was $1500.00, i went down to the
police station and had them redo the report with the
correct numbers and those wonderfull servents of
the people treated me like a criminal for making them
do the report over correctley. The only time we see any cops on our block is
when the parking ban is enforced at
rush hour.

Best Regards
Tom.

So, other than personal anecdotes, you have no facts to back up your
statement?

Gunner
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.
--James D. Nicoll