Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dougman

Default Ground Floor Laminate question?

david lang wrote:
Grumble wrote:

Thanks for the replies, I anticipated using the fibre underlay due
to the slight differences in level, wasn't aware I should lay it at
diagonally.

Only way to avoid a join in the underlay coinciding with a join in the
laminate flooring.

Floorboards are on short span so laminate can go

longways towards the window.

Short span? Wot dat?

All the professionals I know put down a damp proof membrane on every
concrete floor.

Agreed, but according to the OP its not a concrete floor - if I read things
correctly?

Dave

Sorry, reverted to structural engineer mode. Short span is the "width"
of the room, the usual span of the joists, consequently, long span is
the "length" of the room. So I'm planning to lay the boards
perpendicular to the joists.

And you're quite correct that it's not a concrete floor, 500mm gap under
the joists to an earth solum.

--
Doug
"Doug's cool. He's metal " - Fnook